Thursday 28 November 2013

Sozzled on Sherry!

A morning much like every other school morning except a very tired Cat Girl made double the work. Shouldn't complain though as she is usually fairly easy! Boy Wonder required a firm tone to try and get him to settle down but as always this is in vain except for he fact that it makes me feel a bit better!!

The school day started off in 'wild child' mode but they managed to rein him in eventually. When I picked them up however, Boy Wonder was angry. He told me that he is missing the school football match because of silly dance and silly show! I explained that we had spoken about this and I thought he understood? He said that he did but wasn't happy because the boys would laugh at him for dancing.

I spoke to Boy Wonder about dance not being a girl thing and that you have to be very fit to dance. I went on to explain to him that on Strictly Come Dancing that he watches, footballers and rugby players dance and that they wouldn't be picked on! I finally said that if he makes it to the West End he would be the one laughing then! Yes okay so I went into a rant but it would be heartbreaking for him to give up because of  what he thinks other boys might think. Anyway by the time I had done he was smiling and raring to go.

He did well at dance today and is ready for his tap and theatre craft exams on Sunday. We then went over to the cousins for an hour before going to his performance. They played Mine Craft whilst Cat Girl and little cousin played 'holidays!'

We left just before 7pm and drove over to the theatre. He practised his lines and then stopped and looked confused. I asked him what was the matter and he said that he didnt know what 'sozzled' meant. this was one of his words that he has to say. I explained that it meant drunk. ' Oh that makes sense then!' he said 'What is Sherry?' It took a while but we got there!  Boy Wonder got ready and we went to sit down. I know that I am biased but he was fabulous. He sang loud and clear and put everything into it. They were all fabulous and most of the audience were teary eyed! Afterwards everyone stayed for coffee/ wine and mince pies whilst the kids danced to a mini disco.

We left just after 8.30 and got the kids home to settle down. Boy Wonder did his usual 'who forgot what line'  list but told me not to worry as he had told them! With his usual 'tact' I hope!

Boy Wonder and Cat Girl had half an hour with their Ds's before going to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing him on the west end in the future xx

    ReplyDelete