Tuesday 3 September 2013

Lucozade versus the Anxiety Monster!

On going to bed last night we found Boy Wonder tucked up and fast asleep. Super Man moved him into his own bed. This is likely to become quite a habit I feel but he looks so peaceful (which is a rarity!) He woke up early this morning and it was clear that the anxiety was well and truly back.

Boy Wonder went off to holiday club and I would see nothing of him until the end if the day when I picked him up from Jiu Jitsu.  As I left him he seemed agitated yet flighty. Today would be a day of mixed emotions, especially with it being the last day of holiday club and school drawing closer. 

I anticipated another explosion of anger when I picked him up later in the evening. This is typical when he sees either myself or Super Man after a day somewhere as his anxieties come spilling out as soon as he comes into contact with a safe haven. Instead Boy Wonder was high and excitable. He struggled to contain this and giggled and shouted all the way home. This continued when we got home as he ran around the house shouting. It then became clear!! Out if his bag came a near empty bottle of Lucozade. He had forgotten to take his drink bottle to Jiu Jitsu and had bought this instead. Wonderful!!

We attempted to settle Boy Wonder down but this was a slow process. He jumped around his bedroom, attempted to play on his Lap top and ran up and downstairs frequently. After some time he settled to read a book. He started with his David Walliams book, Billionaire Boy and then moved on to reading a book on Asperger Syndrome for kids. This was enough to make him sleepy and he eventually closed his eyes, still in our bed! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm having problems commenting today so if you find three different ones form me, sorry, don't know what's happening. Damn it, now I've forgotten what I was commenting about. Xx

    ReplyDelete