Saturday 10 August 2013

Super Man to the Rescue

A little delay in posting as something unusual happened last night, I went out!! And not just anywhere but high wiring and lazer quest with the girls for a good friend 's hen night. Something I think that we could do for Boy Wonder's ( adrenalin junky's) pending birthday. 

Anyway, yesterday started on a high as Boy Wonder's oldest friend (called this by Boy Wonder as he was his first friend from nursery.) was also going to holiday club. Once out of bed he rushed through his morning routine to get there as quickly as possible.  However on arrival, Boy Wonder was told by the staff ' Don't shout at me, it's not my fault but your friend isn't coming, his days have been mixed up.' At that moment, Boy Wonder's eyes filled with tears and he went off to take his bag and jacket to his peg. This day had been built up all week and was shot down in a second and for the first time in a long time I didn't know what to do. I went to talk to Boy Wonder as he was hanging up his things. He told me that he was fine but wouldn't engage further. Wiping the tears away he went to play with the Lego.  I spoke to the staff about possible repercussions and to ring me if needed and left. 

I spoke to Super man on the way to work who said that he would pick him up straight after work as he finishes early on a Friday or earlier if needed and take him out for a pizza and a funky haircut. I felt better for this as I had a meeting that I couldn't get out of and the earlier mentioned Hen night. 

To attempt to salvage things further, I spoke with the Mummy of the 'oldest friend' and we arranged a play date for the end of the holidays. I went to work ....

Important meeting out of the way, I rang holiday club to be told that he was absolutely fine. Not convinced by this and thinking that Boy Wonder is holding it in till he gets home, I updated Super man and carried on my day. 

On collection of Boy Wonder and completion of funky haircut and pizza, Super Man texted to say that Boy Wonder appeared to have been distracted from a blow out and appeared quite happy. Reassured by this but still half expecting a delayed reaction, I picked up the girls for our high wiring activity! 

On arrival home (quite late) Super man told me of the intricate design and intense questioning to complete this design that the poor hairdresser had to endure, albeit in very good spirit, to give Boy Wonder the funky hair cut that he desired. After this they went to the pizza take away and whilst waiting their order were entertained by numerous blue lights and police officers at the pub across the road due to ' big boys being silly when they have been drinking alcohol!)

 This combination of events may have provided the perfect distraction for Boy Wonder but today will tell.... 

2 comments:

  1. Sounded like a good day. When is holiday? Glad you got a night out. Well done superman too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was certainly a giggle! We go towards the end of next week x

    ReplyDelete