Friday 30 August 2013

Back to Reality!

Well, I have had a child free day today as I went to work! I got up early and thought that I would start early to finish early but that didn't happen. Boy Wonder and Cat Girl woke up as I left, still on Bulgarian time. Super Man was hoping for a lie in but this was not to be! Cat Girl was very excited about fetching the kittens from the Cattery and Boy Wonder jumped straight onto Mine Craft as soon as his eyes were open. We have never had to restrict computer games before because his attention span didn't allow for addiction but maybe this is something to be more aware of now that his ADHD is more controlled. Although at work I spent some time taking and receiving phone calls about Boy Wonder. One was with his Consultant Paediatrician about altering his ADHD medication to a longer acting one now that he appears to have taken to this type of medication without side affects. This will help with his school day and take away the problem of administering medication at school which they state is against procedure. Mmmmm..... The second call was to arrange for Boy Wonder to see the school Doctor so that she can write a report for his statutory assessment. I never knew that such a role existed before today! It makes me wonder sometimes if other parents seem to spend as much time at medical appointments and meetings as we do. Next month we have four scheduled appointments for Boy Wonder. Crazy really, it's a good job that I have a very understanding boss! It's a pity that the school attendance policy isn't as flexible! Do appointments lessen as the child gets older and more supported or do they increase as the number of professionals involved increases? I returned from work with pizza and we had tea. I got a full account of how the kittens had been after being collected from the Cattery and how Super Man had been teaching them (the children, not the kittens) how to be responsible! In particular, tidying up after themselves. I do this with them daily but because Daddy was 'in charge'today, it was seen by Boy Wonder as a new skill! This evening Boy Wonder sang to us a song that he had written and composed music to. He printed out the words for us and signed his autograph on them at the end. Very cute! Throughout the evening he complained of tummy ache and when it came to bedtime he was very upset and anxious and so ended up settling down, downstairs with me. This is something that he hasn't done for a while now but is a clear sign of raised anxiety. Wonderful :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many appointments. I do hope these lessen as he gets older. Love the song idea, bless xxxx

    ReplyDelete