Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing Day

I got up at 5am, picked up Super Gran and her accomplice and went to the Next sale. This is the only decent sale of the year and is usually highly entertaining into the bargain! We arrived half an hour before it opened and was met with a very, very long queue. Thank goodness Boy Wonder was still on bed! The staff were very organised and strict with the queuing system which prevented the scuffles witnessed in previous years. A lady with a stick walked the length of the queue and back to the doors twice before telling the staff she was disabled and couldn't stand in the queue. They let her in as per their protocol and I later saw her laden with bags in both hands, stick gone and sifting through the clothes. I know how it feels to be judged by others as far as disabilities are concerned but I think this lady was taking liberties somewhat! We picked up a few good deals and headed home.

On arrival home the house was quiet and all were still asleep. I tidied up, sorted the animals and then made breakfast. Boy Wonder was last to surface but appeared to be quite settled. They all looked through their clothes that I had bought and every item was 'liked.'  I'm getting better!!

After breakfast Boy Wonder and I played Cluedo. Once I had explained the rules to him, he picked it up quickly and beat me. We set up a second game and I nipped out of the room. I came back and we started. On his first go Boy Wonder guessed correctly. I asked him if he had cheated and he denied it. I asked him again as his look gave away that he had. It took a while for him to admit to it. He then became very upset and ran out of the room. I brought him back in and explained that he has admitted to his cheating so it was okay rather than continuing to lie. He seemed to understand and said sorry. He then went on to win the next game which made him happy.

We watched Star Wars and had a light saber versus sword fight before going to Grandparents for tea with cousins . Boy Wonder and his cousins played on Minecraft for most of the visit. Cat Girl attempted to join in but with my 'help' blew up something she shouldn't and got banned!

Boy Wonder had a fairly settled day and went up to bed at 9pm to read his Minecraft book.

1 comment:

  1. Good job ww for getting correct clothes. I love cluedo (called clue here) but because I always win, stu won't play - might get it for Alfie for his birthday xxxx

    ReplyDelete