Wednesday 30 October 2013

A typical half term kinda day

We had a steady morning. A very high and giddy Boy Wonder made for a pleasant change to the low mood and aggression. I  packed the morning full of activity to keep him on a level which seemed to work well. He made a cake, made a pie for Super Man's tea and some flap jack. Cat Girl and I made syrup surprises and choc chip muffins.

At lunch time we had a meeting with the resource worker to complete a referral for sibling positive play sessions at home. The idea being not only to provide evidence of how Boy Wonder's anxiety impacts at home but to give Cat Girl some coping strategies when it all gets a bit much. I really think that this could work so looking forward to seeing it in action. The assessment will then feed into the next review.  During the meeting Boy Wonder became very stressed as I was no longer keeping him occupied and shouted, slammed doors and became quite demanding. He settled after a while and we continued. He then went to watch TV and became very excited about the next space mission to Mars! He is up and down like a yo-yo!!

After lunch we took Cat Girl to her Doctors appointment where she was referred to the hospital for tests due to ongoing stomach cramps and constipation. She was also prescribed chocolate movicol, sounds lovely! Lets hope it offers some relief. We then went over to the pharmacy to get the new medication that is now on order ( obviously not much call for it!) and to pick up Boy Wonder 's altered medication which wasn't ready. Oh well back tomorrow!

Boy Wonder then went to Art Therapy and finished off his Halloween bat which is pretty remarkable. I will post a picture later on the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autism-The-Life-of-a-Superhero/559661697404852

Cat Girl went off to Jiu Jitsu and I handed over parental responsibility to Super Man in the car park so that I could dash off to work to do payroll.

Boy Wonder rang me a little later into the evening asking when I would be home? I explained that I couldn't give an exact time but I would be as quick as possible. I arrived home at 11.30pm and he was sat up in bed waiting for me! It's like having a possessive husband sometimes!! I encouraged him to go to sleep and he then spent the next half an hour singing lullabies to dolphin. Beautiful !


No comments:

Post a Comment