Monday 10 February 2014

No Sleep

It soon became apparent this morning that Boy Wonder had remained awake all night and as a result was very panicky, stressed and tired. He apologised to me over and over for being bad and took a lot of reassurance to calm down. He went into the shower whilst I got Cat Girl up and sorted. She was in a stubborn mood and wouldn't do anything I said!

We went downstairs and after a small amount of breakfast Boy Wonder went to lie on the sofa and fell to sleep. I felt awful having to wake him for school and explained to him that I would collect him if he needed to come home.

I spoke with the teacher at school asked her to contact me if she was at all worried or of he needed to one home. She said she would.

No sooner had I arrived at work and the phone went. It was school. Boy Wonder, they said was fine but the head was ringing to discuss the incident last week at my request. I explained that Boy Wonder  cannot transfer skills not knowing that he had exposed himself in school meant that he could just as likely do it in a public place and make himself very vulnerable. The mistake was realised and an apology given.

I went to a parents group later today and learnt that all local authority educational psychologists are of the same breed in that they react only to the problems highlighted by schools which impact on the class. I learnt nothing else but they werea lovely bunch of people.

BoyWonder had attended art therapy and afterwards at home looked very tired. He spent the evening resting whilst I took Cat Girl swimming. On the way home she told me all about Chinese bamboo dragon flies. Very interesting!She also said that she would like to go to China on holiday. She seems to like China but I don't know why! Although I am sure it is very nice.

I settled down with Boy Wonder this evening and we agreed that I would read to him. He promptly lined the books of his choice up on his bed, all I alphabetical order. There must have been at least 20. A sign that it would be s long night again! However I was wrong, five minutes of reading and he was fast asleep


2 comments:

  1. What a relief; let's hope a good nights sleep does him good. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zzzzzzzzz good. Freddy wants to go to China too, but he says its because he likes chicken!! X

    ReplyDelete