Wednesday 5 February 2014

Away from home

Tuesday morning was an odd one. I was going away overnight and returning the next day so anxieties were a little high. I promised them both a little treat if they tried their very best whilst I was away, reassuring Boy Wonder that everything would be fine  and he could ring me if he wanted to.

I took them into school and explained to teachers about pick up and collections over the next two days. I also informed BoyWonder's teacher that he was feeling sick and to still ring me if he needed collecting. 

After work I travelled to pick up a friend and drive to our destination. She is retiring and it was our last real opportunity to get together and talk shop! ( training and consultancy in ASD.). It was nice to have a break and relax. Once at the  hotel we checked in and then went for dinner. We had a little tipple and put the world to rights before parting company for the evening. I then spent the rest of the evening reading a book on autism and mental health as suggested by Boy Wonder's Psychologist. 

Superman reported a fairly settled evening although Boy Wonder was still awake reading but that's pretty normal now. 

The morning routine survived by Superman and the children taken to school by Biker Gramps, I went to my training session that I was observing happy in the knowledge that things were okay. After the course we headed home and after surviving the treacherous rain on the motorway and the lane wandering car that I ended up reporting before an accident was caused, we arrived at friend's house to drop her off. I then did a quick dash around the supermarket and headed home equipped with monkey ice cream for the children's treat. 

Once at home, I caught up with Superman and then sat down with Cat Girl and caught up with her news. She told me that she had been a star! I settled her into bed and then it was Boy Wonder's turn. I read his school diary and it sounded like a different child. We hadn''t seen the book since last Thursday and it came as quite a shock that there had been two incidents, although one had been today. Boy Wonder had been talking whilst the teacher was talking. From what Boy Wonder said it sounded like impulse rather than him blatantly ignoring her. He said that a child spoke and he responded. However his comments being so matter of fact caused the class to laugh at him which didn't go down too well!  The other incident was a lot more problematic and hasn't been discussed with us so further investigation is required. Boy Wonder then told me that he had been feeling sick and had told the teacher but they didn't ring me. I asked him if he thought that he needed to come home and he said that he wasn't sure. 

Boy Wonder settled down with me but didn't fall to sleep. He later went upstairs to read. Another late night. 




2 comments:

  1. Glad the trip away was successful; hope you get to the bottom of the incident very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey ice-cream? Hope your incidents are sorted. X

    ReplyDelete