Monday 3 March 2014

I Can't Cope!!

I felt very nervous taking Boy Wonder to school this morning after the escalating events. He got up and reluctantly went in the shower. He had shredded his pull up which seems to becoming a regular occurrence now. I dried and dressed him as he attempted to keep himself curled up in a tight ball. He seemed very anxious already which wasn't great.

As always we hold it together and calmly encourage the daily routine so not to heighten already high anxiety but we are feeling the pressure at the moment as it is really hard to predict what will happen next. 

As Boy Wonder sat down for breakfast he made it very clear that he was feeling angry and not to push him. Cat Girl needed a fair bit of reassurance that he was okay ( which of course was stretching the truth a lot!) 

We arrived at school and I spoke to his teacher about the weekend events and asked her to keep an even closer eye on him as he really wasn't in a good place. I also spoke with Cat Girl's teacher to give her the heads up.

There were a couple of changes to routine for Boy Wonder today which didn't help matters. Art Therapy had been cancelled which he was informed of at the last session and there was no football at school due to a match but there was training later on. Boy Wonder appeared to accept this, this morning. 

I picked them up from school and was informed that Boy Wonder had, had an okay sort of day. There seemed to have been some unsettlement but nothing further. Cat Girl had, had a little accident which was likely to be a reaction to Boy Wonder's difficulties and the impact on her. 

As soon as we stepped out of the school gate Boy Wonder became angry about the changes and started to shout. He couldn't understand them and they weren't acceptable. We got into the car and he curled himself into a ball on the back seat. 

We arrived home and Boy Wonder ran off. I asked Cat Girl where he had gone and she wouldn't tell me, thinking it was a game. I told her that she needed to tell me and she said that he had run around the front of the house. I went round and found him cowering behind the wall. He saw me and bolted into his tree house and stayed there for a few minutes. 

Eventually I coaxed Boy Wonder inside and he started to shout that he couldn't cope with his routine changing. I explained that I understood this but these changes had been pre planned and usually he would be accept this.  He repeated that he couldn't cope and started to become upset. I asked him to try and explain to which he stated that if I even changed getting up from 7.30am to 7.31am this would not be his routine and he would not cope.  We left it there as he clearly had no tolerance left. He went to play with his wrestling figures. 

I took Cat Girl to her swimming lesson which gave us an opportunity to talk about the weekend. She said that she was upset when Boy Wonder was shouting. I explained that he was having a difficult time but he loves her very much and can't help what he is doing at the moment. I reminded her of the autism book that we read together and she said that she remembered and loved him too. 
Her lesson went well and afterwards  we came home and platted her hair before bed. 

Boy Wonder had his bath and started  to relax. He fell to sleep just after 10pm which was excellent. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope he managed to sleep all night. There are no words are there at the moment to describe his torment. A child that young should not have to go through this. Why can't the authorities see this????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little man for having to go through all this, poor cg for picking up on his tensions and poor you and superman, you all do brilliantly xxxx

    ReplyDelete