Tuesday 11 March 2014

I Believe I Can Fly!!

Boy Wonder had a fair night, some shouting out, a bit of wandering but that was it. I woke him up just after 7am with breakfast. He ate his toast, took his medications and had a long shower.  Meanwhile Cat Girl and I got ready.

Boy Wonder had his usually giddy spell on coming out of the shower, dancing about and singing 'I Believe I Can Fly,' over and over. A little unnerved by this I did speak to him, explaining that he couldn't fly ( just to make sure!) He stated that of course he couldn't as he would need feathers and he hasn't got any.  Strangely I felt slightly relieved by this.

We went to school but on the way BoyWonder stated that he felt very sick and had tummy ache. I asked the teacher to keep an eye on him and call me if needed. We also spoke about movement breaks in the afternoon but the school haven't yet got the staff or resources to implement this.

I picked the children up from after school clubs and Boy Wonder immediately told me that he had bad tummy ache and felt sick. His teacher confirmed that he had  seemed okay for most of the day, he had started to complain later on the afternoon. Cat Girl had also complained of having an headache.  We got to the car and Boy Wonder complained more so but was able to eat his tea on the way to piano.

We arrived at piano and Boy Wonder had his lesson and seemed to cheer up a bit. However when I asked him to get changed for Ju Jitsu, he refused saying that his tummy hurt. I explained the importance of not missing lessons but he just became angry and started to cry. I told him that he had done really well in his grading and that it would be a shame to waste all that hard work and skill. He then blurted out that he wasn't that good because he had hurt his partner. I asked if that's why he didn't want to go and it was like lighting the touch paper! This clearly was the problem so I pushed on and took him so that we could get it resolved.

Once at Ju Jitsu Boy Wonder went to get changed and I nipped into the room to have a discreet word with the Sensi about Boy Wonder's anxiety over hurting someone and feeling sick. He assured me that he would 'sort him out ' which he is usually very good at. I had left Cat Girl standing guard outside the changing room so she could shout if Boy Wonder bolted. He hadn't but soon came out fully dressed still, asking for help. I got him changed and he headed off in.  Cat Girl and I had a little debrief in the car and she said she understood and said ' When he's angry he's just loud and when he's bored I give him Where's Wally books.' That's about the size of it I think!

Cat Girl played on her new keyboard when she got home, given to her by her favourite boy in the class's, sister. She deafened us for a good half an hour before getting ready for bed. Superman picked up BoyWonder who seemed a lot happier and settled to have his hour on Minecraft  before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment