Wednesday 7 May 2014

Consider Yourself ....

Back to school with a bang after the bank holiday! Boy Wonder did not want to go and shouted numerous times how much he hated school, banged his head against the furniture and generally threw himself around . Getting him dressed felt like a major workout and then getting into the car was near on impossible. Cat Girl was also clingy and emotional which I think was heightened by Boy Wonder's difficult presentation.

We arrived at school and let Boy Wonder loose. He was all over the place in every sense. I spoke with Cat Girl's teacher about her being quite emotional and she said that she would keep an eye on her.

They went to after school club and I picked then up from there later on. Boy Wonder appeared very aggressive, shouting at me to stay away and not talk to him. Cat Girl immediately became emotional and asked me to calm him down. 

He got into the car, shouted a bit more and then settled with his phone. When we arrived at piano he went in quietly, almost dismissive of us. However after his lesson where he was said to engage well, he became overly clingy wanting cuddles and reassurances that we loved him. 

Boy Wonder went on to Ju Jitsu and again engaged well. On returning home he became very lively again and as a result was very late to settle. 

This morning there was a further escalation in Boy Wonder's off the wall presentation. He crawled around mimicking his cat and was total disengaged from what I was instructing him to do. It finally took me to physically hold him to dress him which is no easy task with a wriggly and strong eight year old!

On arrival at school, Boy Wonder dived head first over the car seat and trapped his already injured foot. He shouted out continuously whilst doing a rather dramatic staged limp in to school. The TA commented on how lively he was and how exhausted I looked! She said she would pin him down and put an ice pack on his foot. 

I went again to speak to Cat Girl's teacher as she had said last night that she was worried that Boy Wonder might hurt her in the playground by grabbing her neck. She said that he hadn't actually done anything but he might. The teacher said that she would keep an eye on things.

The tribunal documents all went off today so we can 'relax' now until the big day. Although the poor souls having to wade through them won't be thinking that!

On picking the children up from school, Boy Wonder became quite aggressive, pushing his way through and saying that he wanted space. He was clearly volatile and had to be held on to whilst walking to the car. 

Once in the car he disengaged and went to play on his phone. We travelled to music theatre and I gave him tea and his additional medication on the way. As we arrived he seemed a bit more settled and went in to his session.

Cat Girl went to ju Jitsu and I then left for an evening meeting. Super man picked them up and I met them at home later.

Boy Wonder rang me on my way home to see where I was and I reassured him that I wouldn't be long. I arrived home five minutes later. He was excited about a music theatre audition for the coming weekend and we spoke about how this would work. 
Cat Girl had a cuddle and went to sleep.

He settled down with the words for the audition piece and for the first time today he seemed content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment