Tuesday 8 April 2014

Impulsivity!!

This morning Boy Wonder woke early and was very high and bouncy. He gave me a lot of hugs and said that he was no longer running away as he liked it here! I asked him if he understood why what he did yesterday was wrong and he said ' yes, my brain told me wrong,' I asked him if he would go it again and he said he wasn't sure. Impulsivity is such a wonderful thing!

He got ready for school with a lot of help. Boy Wonder knocked his knee on the shower door which prevented him from walking for a few minutes and created this loud whaling sound! Cat Girl reluctantly got ready and we headed to school.

I told the teacher about yesterday's running away threat just in case he attempted it at school. I also explained about his brain telling him to do things ( impulsivity.)

The day was fairly non eventful but on picking the children up from school it was clear that Boy Wonder was quite high. His teacher explained that for the last half an hour he had been very giddy and over active. She also said that the day routine for the last week of school is a little more adhoc due to children showing their projects. This is a project that needs up be in for Friday that I learnt about this morning!

We went home for tea and after half an hour of chill time left to go to piano and Ju Jitsu. Boy Wonder remained hyper happy all the way there. The piano lesson was taken by the calmer tutor of the two and seemed to have an equally calming effect on Boy Wonder and I even got a quick lesson in relativity thrown in!

Boy Wonder went on to Ju Jitsu and we came home. Cat Girl did her reading before bed and got tongue tied over 'Bang the Gong!' Which was amusing and I wasn't at all helpful.

Boy Wonder returned in a fairly calm mood and went straight upstairs to watch football before settling down in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment