Wednesday 2 April 2014

Autism Awareness Day!!

Today is National Autism Awareness Day!! Boy Wonder was very excited by this as it was all about him! I guess he has a point.

The day started in pretty much the usual way. Cat Girl wasn't feeling the need to rush this morning so  we ended up rushing around more than normal. Once at school I spoke to the teacher about yesterday who knew nothing of what I was talking about. We spoke about it briefly and later with the TA who also knew nothing. They said that they would have a look into it today.

I went off to work in my Onsie for our Autism Awareness Day. As is typically the case we ended up with an unannounced inspection which went well. Must have been the addition of the onsies that gave us the edge!

I picked the children up from school and spoke again about the incident yesterday. It is evident that matters are being played down. Boy Wonder had said little and nothing was witnessed. I expressed concern that matters are likely to escalate the more that Boy Wonder misinterprets others and the increasing level of aggression he is displaying. However my concerns were not heard.

We went off to clubs and Boy Wonder started to become anxious again. I asked him if there had been any more problems at school and he said yes, the same girl told him off after he told her to shut up. Superman had given him a strategy to use after yesterday's problems. He told him that if the person upsetting him didn't shut up when asked he was to walk away from them. Unfortunately Boy Wonder repeated the bit that wasn't really meant for repeating. Yes we should know better!

After clubs we came home, baked cakes and had tea. Boy Wonder seemed more settled and after watching Minecraft for an hour, went to bed and read his book.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wish I could just tell people to shut up instead if walking away......xx

    ReplyDelete