Monday 27 January 2014

Through the Barricade

Boy Wonder woke in a highly agitated/ flighty mood this morning. He went into the shower but this didn't appear to calm him any. After helping Cat Girl to get ready for school, I then tackled Boy Wonder which was a task and a half! 

He barely ate any breakfast and wasn't taking in anything that I was saying. We left to go to school and it didn't feel that I was making the right decision but took him non the less on the basis that school rang if they thought he needed to come home.  I spoke to Boy Wonder's teacher about his presentation and that we were concerned about him.

I spoke with his Psychiatrist today who confirmed our worry that Boy Wonder's mental health is deteriorating and that she will speak with the Art Therapist to observe his presentation today. I also spoke with him to update. She increased his anti anxiety medication which was something that she had been very reluctant to do before. She also confirmed her probable attendance at the tribunal if required.

I received an email from the O.T also confirming her attendance and pre hearing work so our side is now coming together! 

On picking  the children up from school, I dropped an update letter in to clarify the information from the Psychiatrist. Boy Wonder, after a dose of art therapy and football appeared brighter and was engaging well. Cat Girl was covered in flour after a messy activity and looked like a snowman! 

On arrival at home we had tea and I spoke with Boy Wonder about what the psychiatrist had said. She had made it very clear to me that he must be told that his concerns had been listened to and taken seriously. He appeared to take this in and said that he just wanted the 'thing' to go away. 

Cat Girl went swimming and after a fifteen minute drive around the car park again (3 weeks running) we managed to get parked and she was late for her lesson. I spoke with the reception about this and wrote the dreaded complaint. Cat Girl has now missed the equivalent of a lesson now in three weeks due to bad car park management. 

Boy Wonder had stayed home with Superman and played Minecraft. When I returned we started to settle down and this resulted on me coming up to bed with him and reading. He had barricaded his door with his punch bag and two chairs in protest of me not responding to him immediately and changing his routine. 

We read 136 pages of 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid.' Which we read in relays. As it approached midnight we put the book down and attempted the dreaded sleep. A further hour or so of tossing and turning and finally he slept! 

2 comments: