Wednesday 8 January 2014

Feed Me!!!

We are well and truly back into school mode but unfortunately I am a little out of practice with drying and dressing a child that is leaping around the room! We managed to get downstairs at 8.15am, fifteen minutes before we needed to leave. Breakfast eaten, we dashed out of the door.

I spoke with his teacher this morning about the book and although she initially thought that I would ask her to pull the plug on it, I explained that I thought the book would be a good opportunity for Boy Wonder to learn with the right support about this type of emotional text.

After school we came home and Boy Wonder dashed straight upstairs to watch Minecraft. However he did come off when asked, well after the third request which was still good! We went off to drama and Cat Girl to Ju Jitsu without too much problem. They both came out of clubs happy and excitable.

In the meantime I had been to the supermarket to stock up on high calorie / full fat food for Boy Wonder. Now this was some challenge! Our society pretty much takes the fat out of everything.  Eventually I managed to get some full fat yogurts, cheese chunks, chocolate mousse and spreadable butter.

We arrived home and I started to feed Boy Wonder. Little and often snacks approximately every hour  was the strategy used and he ate everything. In fact he actually asked for snacks. Result!

Whilst listening to music , Boy Wonder fell to sleep on my lap, It was quite late.

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed it works. I am desperately trying to get off high calorie foods following my Christmas goodie stock! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is a bit of an unusual concept to get used to. I just hope we don't all 'grow' together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move to America he would soon gain weight x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sounds like a plan, we would then be neighbours! x

    ReplyDelete