Thursday 16 January 2014

Calamities and Boredom

Last night ended up being a bit crazy. Firstly Cat Girl had a pretty impressive nose bleed whilst in bed which just started from nowhere. This resulted in Boy Wonder getting panicky over the amount of blood and the seriousness of the situation. After much reassurance, he accepted that Cat Girl was okay. Cat Girl on the other hand didn't appear to be that concerned once she got over the initial shock!

Boy Wonder ended up settling down, downstairs with me and fell to sleep after about an hour of firm hold. I woke him to take him up to bed and as he walked out of the lounge door he put his fingers near the hinges and trapped them as the door shut. He cried immediately and I untrapped him whilst Superman grabbed an ice pack. I took him upstairs and had a good look at his fingers but they weren't cut or bruised, just some slight indents. He fell to sleep quickly and didn't seem to be in any pain.

This morning I dosed Cat Girl up on paracetamol as she still had a slight temperature and then checked on Boy Wonder's hand. It looked fine and he remembered nothing about it.  We got ready in the usual fashion and managed to get to school just before the bell went. I spoke with Cat Girl's teacher about her nose bleed and cold just in case there was a reoccurance.

After school we went to clubs.  Whilst getting changed, Boy Wonder stated that he was wet and had been for most of the afternoon. He went to dance and stated that he worked very hard and whilst Cat Girl went to Ju Jitsu, I nipped to buy Boy Wonder some new undies.

I picked Boy Wonder up from dance and helped him to change for Ju Jitsu. He started talking to me about death and his fear of dying. I tried reasuring him but he was mainly concerned about what he would do when he was dead and would he be bored? Some questions are so difficult to answer.  Superman met us at Ju Jitsu and I went off to the school fundraiser meeting.

When I arrived home, Superman had put the children to bed. Cat Girl seemed a lot better and Boy Wonder was fairly settled.


1 comment:

  1. What a drama. Nose bleeds and trapped fingers, just what you need x

    ReplyDelete