Tuesday 30 July 2013

Watering the flowers.

So what did last night bring? The answer was number 3. Boy Wonder couldn't settle last night. In and out of mini sleeps. At 11pm he woke with a start, crying out. On investigation he  told of his dream - being locked in a tomb with fire all around him and outside there were dogs barking, ready to attack him! We went through the routine of dispelling bad dreams and he attempted to settle again. There were further episodes of falling out of bed and snippets of fire related tales so at 11.30pm I gave up and went to sleep with him in his bed. Working Wonder Woman powers in the form of a firm hold hug, Boy Wonder finally settled. (Settled is another term that we use loosely, it means constant movement and sleep talking but we believe that because his eyes are shut it qualifies!) 

Just like every other morning, Boy Wonder snores on. Cat Girl investigates and returns tip toeing with her finger on her lips, whispering Ssshh, sleeping beauty is still sleeping.  Cat Girl enjoys the quiet moments, they are very rare! 

Boy Wonder attends holiday club today, this week the theme is 'The Seaside.'  He doesn't seem impressed as in his words 'we are clearly not at the seaside so what is the point?' The Lego table was promptly set up! 

On picking Boy Wonder up from holiday club he appeared a little frazzled. As we drove away he told me that holiday club had broken the law today as they played a copy of a film currently in the cinema. I told him not to worry and that it would be okay. He ignored my reassurance and went on to say that he had investigated the matter and explained to the bad person about their naughty/ illegal behaviour. Oh good, I am glad that you managed to sort it Boy Wonder, excellent work!  Note to self: May need to find a back up holiday club.

This evening Boy Wonder attends Jiu Jitsu. I suggested to him that we add another session in this week as he has his grading on Saturday. He assured me that this wasn't necessary as he is already perfect. Wonderful, I say. 

On arrival home, Superman asks me why I have taken to watering toy ( fluffy pink) flowers? I didn't realise I had! Cat Girl solves the mystery by explaining that it was Boy Wonder. It was in a vase so he watered it! 

The final task of the evening before the mammoth task of setting Boy Wonder down for bed is to empty the bags ready for tomorrow. Within Boy Wonder's bag I find a very intricate drawing of the Titanic. He obviously engaged in the seaside theme after all and even managed to incorporate his favourite death and destruction fixation in for good measure! 

All in all, a very good day I say!

2 comments:

  1. Phew, you make tired just reading it. I can see why you are Wonder Woman. Only you could deal with all this and make it sound humourous. Well done WW. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a quiet day I thought :-)

    ReplyDelete