Monday 29 July 2013

It's a Hard Knock Life....

All is calm in 'Hero Land' this morning. You will not read that phrase on here very often! Today it's a farm trip for Boy Wonder with Group Inspire and he is very happy. 

The day trip was a success in part, however the bus was late picking up and dropping off which upset Boy Wonder's mood somewhat. As a result he shouted alot, attempted to give the lap top flying lessons and recited the extended version of 'It's a Hard Knock Life' over and over again in the car on the way to swimming. A pretty standard Boy Wonder protest. How I love his Drama group for teaching him that song. 

After the swimming lesson and a 10 minute shower ( despite people waiting to use the facilities!) Boy Wonder began to calm. I took the opportunity to ask him about his day at the farm to which he responded by telling Cat Girl and I all about the mechanical milking cow and where each screw was positioned! Cat Girl stated that this was very boring and would prefer to be told about the pigs. Boy Wonder ignored her request and continued his spiel.  I asked no further questions!

Later in the evening Boy Wonder's massage therapist arrives. After explicit instruction on what he requires, he jumps on the massage table and has his treatment. Now the idea behind this therapy is to provide Boy Wonder with deep pressure therapy to work on his hyposensitivity to touch. It is early days and at the moment  he is fighting the 'relaxed' feeling as he has very little experience of it and what to do with it. ( By little I actually mean none!) As a result he quizzes the therapist on complex mathematical sums whilst she attempts to massage, lucky lady! The massage finishes and Boy Wonder is herded straight to the bath in an attempt to extend the 'relaxation.'  Five minutes later, bath complete, it is bed time. 

Bedtime seemed to be fairly easy tonight. Boy Wonder is keen to settle down with the earlier rescued lap top. On closer inspection it is evident why.... He has created 'The Great Fire of London' on Minecraft with the addition of lava!  One day I will tell you the story behind this topic but for now be assured that it is number 10 on the anxiety scale. (10 being the highest.) So what does this mean? My guess is any of the following:

1.) I don't like this relaxed feeling so I am going to find one that I know what to do with, I.e anxiety =    meltdown.
2.) I am going to prove my theory that the Great Fire of London will happen again!
3.) I am going to fight my tiredness by giving myself nightmare material!

Answers on a postcard....... 

Good night all :-)




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I commented yesterday but it isn't showing. Not sure if you have something turned off.
    You are a fabulous writer. Really enjoyed reading both posts. I think it is a success already.
    Well done. So very proud of you.
    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, get some great inspiration from you. Really enjoying it, xx

    ReplyDelete